The 6th Prague Embedded Systems Workshop
June 28-30, 2018
Roztoky u Prahy, Czech Republic
The Prague Embedded Systems Workshop is a research meeting intended for the presentation and discussion of students’ results and progress in all aspects of embedded systems design, testing and applications. It is organized by members of the Department of Digital Design at Faculty of Information Technology (which is the youngest) of the Czech Technical University in Prague (which is the oldest technical university in Central Europe). The workshop aims to enhance collaboration between different universities not only inside EU. It will be based on oral presentations, mutual communication and discussions.
A part of the PESW workshop is a contest of bachelor and master theses organized as a poster session and awarded by sponsors gifts. The main aim is a motivation for future Ph.D. studies.
The workshop PESW 2018 addresses emerging issues, hot problems, new solution methods, and their hardware and software implementations in the fields of digital and mixed-signal system design. It is especially focused on dependable and low power design, and testing methods related to the SoC technology and modern embedded applications. The workshop topics include (but are not limited to):
Special Session on Network Security:
- Programmable/re-configurable/adaptable architectures
- SoC and NoC design and testing
- Digital design optimization methods
- Architectures and hardware for security applications
- On-line and off-line error detection and correction
- Fault-tolerant control systems design methods
- Testability and reliability analysis
- Logic synthesis and optimization
- Diagnosis & testing of embedded systems
- Verification of embedded systems
- Mission-critical & real-time systems
- Heterogeneous Cyber-Physical Systems
- Robotic control
- Applications of (embedded) digital systems
- Algorithms and methods for anomaly detection
- Network monitoring and measurements
- Network traffic processing and analysis
- Security and privacy issues
- Security issues of Internet of Things
SUBMISSION & TYPES OF PAPERS
There will be three types of submissions at PESW 2018:
- Full papers (up to 10 pages, single-column) describing original research.
- Abstracts (one page, single-column) of earlier published successfully presented papers (at conferences, journals, etc.). The original source should be indicated in the abstracts.
- Student posters - abstracts of defended Bc. and MSc. Theses with subsequent poster presentation. Will not be included in the Proceedings.
PESW 2018 Student Poster Session
The objective of the Student Poster Session at the PESW Workshop is to
provide a forum for presentation of student works defended this or in the last
year (since summer 2017). The presented works must be Bachelor or
Master Theses from the field of Embedded Systems.
The Poster Session is organized by the IEEE Student Branch at the Czech
Technical University in Prague. Best posters will be rewarded by
valuable prizes donated by IEEE and sponsors.
Student Poster Session Chair:
Jan Belohoubek, firstname.lastname@example.org